Pin Grading Policy
Enamel pins have natural variations and slight flaws that occur during the production process. There is no such thing as a completely perfect pin and every pin maker's grading standard varies.
Please read below for Pinkachii's grading standard before purchasing ♥
**We understand that what falls under what grade is subjective, however we have set these standards for our shop and as a customer you understand and accept our grading system when you purchase any item from us.
No major defects but may exhibit minor imperfections visible under close inspection
- Stray glitter
- Wiggly posts
- Low-fill enamel in small areas
- Minor pores in glittery areas
- Slightly misaligned screen printing
- Traces of random debris (dust, fuzz, etc.) on/in the enamel
- Tiny bubbles in enamel, glitter or epoxy coating
- Light scuffing, scratches, dents, enamel bleeding
- Slight discoloration, scuffing and imperfections in/on the metal plating on the sides and /or back of the pin
- Excess metal in or around edges of pin
- Minor enamel miscoloration
- Slightly thicker metal outlines
- Minor areas of enamel swirling
More noticeable minor defects
- Moving posts
- Low-fill in large areas
- Large areas of chipped metal plating
- Discoloration or staining
- Missing enamel or plating
- Wrong enamel fill colors
- Large dents, divots, scratches
- Missing or badly printed screen printing
- Excessive bubbles, scratches, dents, divots
- Foreign materials embedded in enamel, glitter or epoxy
Very visible multiple minor and / or major defects.
This grade is mostly for spinning/moving pins, meaning that they either do not move as they are supposed to or have issues moving.
In addition to defects mentioned above, C grades may also have...
- Missing posts
- Missing parts
- Discolored / tarnished plating
- Missing/chipped enamel